Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:22:07 -0800
From: Jenny Zhang <jenny @ osdl.org>
To: vatsa @ in.ibm.com, zlatko.calusic @ iskon.hr
Subject: [osdldbt-general] Re: Fw: DBT1

Hi,

I just released a osdl-dbt1-v2.0.  PostgreSQL works much better in this
version.  Also it has the updated user manual under doc/pgsql.

The attached is the release note.

Jenny
============
Release v2.0
This is the same release we used on OSDL STP. For a sample report,
visit:
http://khack.osdl.org/stp/286186/

We stopped supporting the SAPDB version now. I do not guarantee that the
SAPDB version still work.

Major bug fixes:
================
. In the shopping_cart stored procedure, fixed a variable name which
caused deadlock problem.
. In the InsertCust stored procedure, fixed a variable type
(char->varchar) to get rid of the tailing spaces in c_uname
. fixed several usage information
. checked all the .pl and .sh scripts to get rid of relative paths, the
real path names are generated by configure

Added features:
. added a new user manual for pgsq under doc/pgsql
. added scripts under data_collect to do the run
automatically(dbt1_slave.pl and dbt1_master.pl) and collect run results,
including system and database statistics, generating BT report
. add scripts under data_collect/resulttools to generate report in html
format. The report page has be rewritten completely.
. added more parameters to build_db.sh so that the tester can change the
database parameters on the fly.